Thursday, February 14, 2008

Profiler for SQL Server Express 2005

I have been working with SQL Server Express 2005 lately. While it is great that it is free, I often miss some of the tools available in enterprise versions. Today I came across an open source project that provides a Profiler tool for Express. I confess I have not done much with it yet, beyond verifying it works. But if you have been looking for a Profiler tool you might want to check it out.

http://sqlprofiler.googlepages.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous,  April 12, 2008 at 8:57 PM  

The profiler works great. For me, the only missing features are open/save or import/export of profiler traces.

cfSearching April 13, 2008 at 9:01 AM  

Yes, those features would be a welcome addition. I do see a few save options, so perhaps this feature will be implemented in a future edition.

However, even without all the bells and whistles it does a pretty good job.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Header image adapted from atomicjeep